Commonwealth Soccer League (CSL)
Commonwealth Soccer League
All matches for this league are assigned through the Arbiter system. If you have not signed
in yet or do not have a password, please contact Bob Walsh. Please
remember that you must file a game report no later than 48 hours after
your game is complete, using the Arbiter game report system. The CSL hotline
number is 540-898-9383. Game cancellations will be posted on this number.
Be sure to fill out the scorecard for each game you center.
Please see the Commonwealth Soccer League website for a complete list of
house rules - CSL Rules.
The CSL requires the referee to pick up player passes for any player EJECTED
from a game. Those player passes are to be turned in at then end of the day
to a CSL representative. If you know you cannot make a game, please notify
the assignor 24 hours in advance. E-mail is not acceptable. Please call the assignor.
Also, please note: If there are no corner flags on the field, do NOT start the game.
You may start the clock and inform the teams that there must be corner flags to
start the game.
NO jewelry is allowed.
You must be a USSF certified official for the current year to work CSL games. USSF Officials
shall uphold USSF Law and officiate all games in accordance with FIFA Laws,
except as specifically modified by the CSL. Officials are expected to look professional.
The Diagonal System of Control (DSC) is to be used. Under NO circumstances shall a
dual system (2-man system) of refereeing be used.
Games are played at Loriella Park, Patriot Park, Smith Lake Park, Fredericksburg Fieldhouse, Spotsylvania Middle School (The Pit), Thornburg Middle School, Riverview Elementary School, Pratt Park, and Fredericksburg Academy. See CSL's Field Directions for more information on how to reach these fields.
CSL MODIFICATIONS TO USSF LAWS OF THE GAME
- Substitutions will follow National Federation (HS) rules.
- All players of a team must wear like-colored jerseys, as well as like-colored shorts and socks.
- No player may change jersey number once the referee has accepted his/her player pass.
- No jewelry is allowed.
- Coaches/managers may be cautioned or ejected.
- The start of a game may be delayed if a team has less than seven (7) players.
- The game must be started (start the clock) or forfeited at the end of the ten (10) minute
grace period of game time. The referee does not declare the forfeit. Simply make a comment
in the game report that the team did not have enough players, or whatever the circumstances
(use common sense in such circumstances).
- Player passes from both teams must be checked by the referee and/or assistant referee
prior to the game. If one or both teams do not have player passes at the scheduled start
time, the referee will note it on the official game report and the game will be played.
- The center referee must fill out a USSF game report and submit it to a designated
CSL representative within 48 hours of the issuance of any red card (not second yellow).
- A copy must be sent to the assignor. Also, please notify the assignor within 24 hours
when a red card has been issued.
- NOTE: The CSL requests that the referee note in the game report both the first and last
names (no initials, please) of the player who has been issued a yellow or red card.
In the event of inclement weather or emergency conditions, please dial the CSL hotline.
The CSL hotline number is 540-898-9383. Do NOT call the parks & rec cancellation number!
You can visit the CSL website for more information.
RULES FOR THE 7 v 7 COED REC GAMES
- all male players must turn 30 years old before being eligible to play in the division
- open to females of any age (at least 16 years old)
- plays 7 v. 7 matches with 35 minute halves
- plays on a small field (approximately 50 yards by 75 yards)
- play with smaller goals (6' by 18' when available)
- Each team is required to play with two (2) "Designated Players" on the field at all times.
- at least five (5) players per team are required to begin a match; at least one of which must be a female.
- a. Designated players are defined as either a female player or a player over 50 years old.
- b. At least one of these designated players MUST be a female at all times.
- c. A team's goalie will not be considered as one of its designated players.
- prohibits slide tackling, but keepers may still slide
while playing for the ball
- utilizes a single referee with no assistant referee
- has no law pertaining to offside (Law 11)
- substitutions may be made "on the fly" and should be made in the vicinity of the midfield stripe.
Other exceptions to traditional CSL Rules:
- Keepers are not allowed to punt, drop kick, or throw
the ball in the air beyond midfield. The penalty is
an indirect free kick at the center mark.
- In applicable matches decided by kicks from the penalty mark, the teams will take three (3) penalty kicks. Teams must alternate male and female kickers up to the fifth kicker. After the fifth kicker, alternating is not required
- Team managers may modify these rules prior to a game in the "spirit of the game and division." The managers must notify the game referee of the agreement. If modifications are made, all results from the given game will be final.
Any questions, please contact the assignor.
The CSL hotline number is 540-898-9383. Game
cancellations will be posted on this number.
Contents © 2013, Rappahannock Soccer Referee Association
RSRA web editor
Web Site Design and Hosting: Rappahannock Web Development